News Releases

September 09, 2011

Franklin/Lamoille Residents Urged to Call 211

Residents who live in Franklin and Lamoille counties are encouraged to call 211 to report any damage to their homes suffered during wind storms and flooding on August 28 and 29. This information will be used to determine if those counties will receive an Individual Assistance disaster declaration for damage suffered in the storm.

Preliminary Damage Assessment teams from FEMA are working to inspect damage in those two counties in order to make a recommendation regarding a declaration.

Individuals in Addison, Bennington, Chittenden, Orange, Rutland, Washington, Windham, and Windsor counties have already received an IA declaration. Individuals in declared counties should call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or visit to register for FEMA assistance. Calling 211 is does NOT register you for FEMA disaster assistance.

211 will record information from residents of Franklin and Lamoille counties and pass it on to inspectors for the assessment process. Vermont 211 is a service of the United Way.

To date, all Vermont counties except Grand Isle have been granted a disaster declaration to help pay for public infrastructure damage.

Source: Vermont Emergency Management
Last Updated at: September 09, 2011 12:34:34