January 25, 2019
The vendor who distributes 3SquaresVT benefits on Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards has received several reports of fraudulent activity. Participants reported that their benefits were withdrawn from their cards through a bank in California - without their knowledge or permission. Similar reports have been received in other states.
The Vermont Department for Children and Families is working to replace the stolen benefits as soon as possible. Funds will be replaced by paper check to avoid further theft. We have put a block on all transactions from California using Vermont EBT cards.
ADVICE TO 3SQUARESVT PARTICIPANTS
* If you access your benefits on an EBT card, please check your balance immediately by:
- Going to https://www.ebtedge.com/ and clicking on “More Information” under EBT Cardholders.
- Using the FIS EBT Mobile App
- Calling EBT Customer Service (24/7) at 1-800-914-8605
* If your benefits have not been compromised, change the PIN on your card right away to prevent any fraudulent transactions
* If your benefits have been stolen:
- Report this to DCF immediately, call the Benefits Service Center at 1-800-479-6151
- Your benefits will be replaced by paper check and you will be issued a new EBT card
Visit https://dcf.vermont.gov/benefits/3SquaresVT for updates on 3SquaresVT.
For More Information: Sean Brown, Deputy Commissioner, Department for Children and Families, Economic Services Division, (802) 241-0592
Source: Agency of Human Services
Last Updated at: January 25, 2019 09:53:29